This is the page for real-time updates from the 2012 One Lap of America event from Ex-Pat Racing. We will post updates, videos, photos and status for the One Lap of America as we go. We'll also add some pre-event news as it happens too.


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 4: 5?? Miles, Ups and Downs

The wet skid pad did not go too well today. I don't really know why, we did disconnect the sway bar at the front but we posted a poor time. The 1/4 mile banked oval was scary and fast. Very loose surface too. It didn't start well when I overshot the finish line one the warm up lap. Then in the race I actually brushed the wall with the right rear wheel. I mean LIGHTLY brushed. All it did was take the paint off the rim for about 10 inches. I also took out three cones which was the greater transgression which earned me a 10 sec penalty. 10 seconds in a 50 second race is an eternity and that placed me from an overall time of 9th down to 678653th. Darn (and more). To say I was annoyed was an understatement.
So on to the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. What a lovely track. Brock (who now calls me "crash") placed me in the third run group with some pretty fast cars. But, I did ok. I came 11th overall and beat some very fast machines including Vipers and a GTR (one at least). I was beaten by just one other Porsche a 2012 911 Turbo S and he beat me by 26/1000 of a second.

That gives me 11th on the grid for all the other races which is fantastic! It means we get to leave early and get on the road early, which is a huge advantage.

It's 12:14 now and the Hotel has no air con. Nightmare. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment